Notable Tourist Attractions in Zambales are:
- Feast of the Sacred Stone (Ina Poon Bato) – A festival regarding the oldest image of Virgin Mary in Asia, Our Lady of Peace and Good Voyage. It started in the Barrio of Poon Bato, but the image was destroyed during the 1991 Mt. Pinatubo eruption. During these days, the festival is held every January at Loob Bunga Resettlement Area in Botolan.
- Mango Festival (Dinamulag Festival) – This festival is held every summer in Iba, particularly in April-May. The festival lasts for days that makes as one of the longest festival in the province. You can see lots of sweet mangoes being sold on the streets as well as awesome souvenirs. There are also dance competitions, agricultural shows, castle building and “bikini open”.
- Singkamas Festival – Zambales is not only known to its sweet mangoes. Singkamas (Mexican turnip) is one of the best crop or fruit from the province. In this festival, the Zambaleneos in San Marcelino celebrate the abundance of the crop in the whole province.
The HOT Spots
- Ocean Adventure – You wanted to swim with the dolphins and experience the awesomeness of nature? Ocean Adventure is the best! Lots of awesome adventure are waiting for you and your family. Kids will surely enjoy the trip your travel in Zambales. You can check out their website and location here.
- Zoobic Safari – Tigers! Tigers! Oh yeah! You gotta hear them ROAR!~ They’re eating just right beside you! Those car that you’ve been riding will surely bring you to the Savannah of Subic! It’s not just tigers, there are other wild and endangered animals that will complete your trip! And oh, don’t forget some attractions like Aeta shows, the fascinating Sky Safari and Animal Photography! yey!
- Ramon Magsaysay House/Museum – Ramon Magsaysay the 7th President of the Philippine Republic. He was said to be the most kind president of all time that got the title of “Idol of the Masses”. Now, his house became a tourist attraction for those Filipinos and some foreigners that wanted to know more about him.
- Mt. Pinatubo – If you love an exotic adventure to the ‘dead’ volcano named as Mt. Pinatubo, then Zambales is your destination! You can ride a mountain truck that will bring you to a camping site in Mt. Pinatubo, have fun with the locals and see the beauty of the volcano. You can also tour the volcano by the air using a Cessna aircraft.
- Awesome Malls – Zambales has three malls that may be a good choice to travel with your kids. One is from Iba named as Iba Town Center, the second is SM Olongapo located at Olongapo City. And an Ayala Mall named as Harbor Point at Subic Bay Freeport Zone.
How to Reach Zambales:
From NAIA & MIA
- Ninoy Aquino International Airport and Manila International Airport are located in Pasay City. Just ride a taxi (if you are not really familiar) and tell the driver to drop you off at Victory Liner Terminal. Or take a Bus that will go to Malanday and ask the conductor/driver to drop you off at the 5-Star Bus terminal. Walk right to the nearest overpass, and you will see the Victory Liner Terminal at the other side. The terminal is painted red and white for distinction.
- Taxi : 100-150 PHP (2.3 – 3.5 USD )
- Bus : 10 PHP – 20 PHP (0.23- 0.46 USD)
- After reaching the Bus terminal, it is now your time to fall in line (if there is any) in the OLONGAPO cashier. If you don’t know where it is, just ask the security guards. Tell the cashier that you will go to Olongapo-IBA-Sta. Cruz, pay and take your ticket. Please do remember your bus number because it is extremely important, so that you won’t get lost! There are two kinds of buses that goes to Zambales, one is a bus that will pass through the SCTEX (which is faster, but costs more 😀 ) and the normal route, the bus that passes in San Fernando, Pampanga. Either way, they will still bring you to Zambales.
- Air Conditioned Bus Ride: 280-320 PHP ( 6.5 – 7.5 USD)
- Wait and viola! After a 3-5 bus ride, you will touch the ground of Olongapo City!
The links and mentions on this site may be affiliate links. But they do not affect the actual opinions and recommendations of the authors.The Best of World Travel is a member of AutoEurope, Agoda and TravelBook PH. They are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to these sites.