Travel By Land
From NAIA (Ninoy Aquino International Airport) / MIA (Manila International Airport)
By Public Transport
- Ride a WHITE Taxi from the Airport and let the driver take you to Victory Liner Terminal PASAY. This will bring you to the terminal effortless. I recommend this, because the nearby Municipalities are not safe unlike other Cities. Riding a Public Utility vehicle might also be hassle for you and your belongings. Although, we should also be careful on the Taxi we ride.
- (Estimated Cost: 100-150 PHP or 2.5-3 USD, other than that is “overpricing”. You can read here how to fight these malicious drivers)
- Upon Arriving to the Victory Terminal, you can now go in front of the cashier that has a placard that says “OLONGAPO”. Ask her that you will be going to Olongapo in an air conditioned bus. Remember that you need to pay there as soon as the ticket is issued. You can also request a seat location if you desire (just state a proper reason, i.e. feeling nauseous at the back of a vehicle)
- (Estimated Cost: 300++ PHP or 7-8 USD)
- After a 4-5 hours travel from Victory Terminal Pasay, you can now see the beauty of Olongapo. Upon arriving at Olongapo ( You can confirm it by seeing a big head statue in the middle of the road), you can now ride a YELLOW Jeepney that will bring you to SM Olongapo or formerly Main Gate. It is going to the East if you are facing the National High Way.
- (Estimated Cost : 8 PHP or 0.18 USD )
- After reaching SM Olongapo, it is now your time to enter the Subic Bay Freeport Zone. You can confirm it if you have found yourself passing a bridge where you will see another Mall, a MiniStop, and a Jollibee.
By Private Transport
- Anywhere from Manila needs to enter from North Luzon Express Way (NLEX), pay the desired Toll Gates and exit to:
- Subic-Clark-Tarlac Express Way (SCTEX) – take another exit to Subic Bay Freeport Zone. Now you are already in SBMA!
- San Fernando Pampanga – This route is a bit farther, but you don’t need to worry about the toll gates that you need to pay in SCTEX. As well as being lost in a numerous amount of crossing roads in the previous choice. If your vehicle has also some issues (registration, seat belts, plate number, inexperienced driver etc.) I recommend to choose this route.
Travel by Air
Travel by Sea
The links and mentions on this site may be affiliate links. But they do not affect the actual opinions and recommendations of the authors.The Best of World Travel is a member of AutoEurope, Agoda and TravelBook PH. They are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to these sites.